Here are some books. All pdfs. You can either read them on line or download them. Up to you. Copy them, give them away, share them. As me old mate Scroobius Pip says ” Don’t use Art Literature and Philosophy to get into girls pants! Use it to get into their heads!”
I used to have loads more but…..My main book site is on Scribd , The Youtube of Books
“The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat” Oliver Sachs
A Manifesto for Education Gert Biasta and Carl Anders Säfström (2010)
Black Mirror Reflections Terri Murray (2013)
Here is a good paper on creativity:
NEW : A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FUTURE , THE ORIGINS OF THE INTERNET An excellent book by John Naughton written in 1999.
John Naughton (born 18 July 1946 in Ireland) is an Irish academic, journalist and author. He is a Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at Cambridge, Vice President of Wolfson College, Cambridge,Emeritus Professor of the Public Understanding of Technology at the British Open University, Adjunct Professor at University College, Corkand the Technology columnist of the London Observer newspaper.
The Alzheimer’s caregiver afraid to leave the house who dials in
nightly to a support group; the bright student in a one-room
Saskatchewan school house researching a paper four hours from the
nearest library; the suicidally depressed gay teenager; AIDS patients
sharing the latest treatment information; political activists using the
Net to report, persuade, inform; and the disabled, ill and elderly,
whose minds are alive but who can’t leave their beds. For them and
for potentially millions of others like them, Cyberspace is not just a
lifeline, it can be better than the offline world.
- Alaska, A guide. Lots of information. Maybe a little old now
- The Rubaiyat by Omar Khayyam for Ravenlea
- As a Man [sic] Thinketh. An inspirational work
- Charles Bukowski The Rooming House Madrigals. Pure genious
- The Dhammapada. The Buddhist “Bible”. I used to chant the whole of this in my temple in Bodh Gaya. It would take a few days. The temple was gorgeous, marble with the biggest brass Buddha in India. I used to stand on his hand to dust him. At first I found it very difficult to bless pilgrims that came in. I was full of self doubt. Then I realised that that too had to be given up.
- I, Robot Script – Dialogue Transcript. I enjoyed the movie
- Ulysses James Joyce
- C.S. Lewis Out of The Silent Planet. C.S. Lewis blew me away when I was a kid with his cosmogeny (is that the right word?)
- MANDY: So, you’re astrologers,are you? Well, what is he then?
WISE MAN #2: Hmm?
MANDY: What star sign is he?
WISE MAN #2: Uh, Capricorn.
MANDY: Uhh, Capricorn, eh? What are they like?
WISE MAN #2: Ooh, but… he is the son of God, our Messiah.
WISE MAN #1: King of the Jews.
MANDY: And that’s Capricorn, is it?
- Yes its Monty Pythons Life Of Brian
- Neil Stephenson Snow Crash
- Robert A Heinlein. Stranger in a Strange Land ….ahh and we all shared water and we did Grok in Fullness. Guess if you are under 45 this will mean nothing.lol
- THE ETHICS OF AMBIGUITY Simone de Beauvoir, bless her little cotton socks
- The Sick Bed of Cuchulainn By Shane MacGowan … worth it for the picture of his nibs
- The Prophet by Kalil Gibran , one of my “bibles”
- Breakfast of Champions,Kurt Vonnegut, a savage indictment of America, with love and tears and humour. One of my all time favs.
- Why you are not happy
- The Bhagavad Gita, I had the shrimad , sanscrit text underneath. Studied it for years.
- Meditations on First Philosophy in which are demonstrated the existence of God and the distinction between the human soul and body René Descartes. just for posing lol
- Moby Dick, perhaps the greatest of all novel
- HAIKU by Bash, just a few
- The Picture of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde
- Fyodor Dostoevsky – The Idiot
- ibid Notes From The Underground
- Project Gutenberg These are all ebooks provided for a grammar school. Parents might take a look.
- Metamorphosis Franz Kafka
- i guess people are pretty familiar with Metamorphosis, here is a study guide
- Will find the original…sorry
- The following is all about brackets. When we write we often, by way of explanation put something in brackets to explain, reference or to expand on what we have written. What if that which is in brackets had a persona? An intelligence? A character all of its own? And surfaced in a blog…..Ok ok ok I slipped this in because I had fun writing it. : OnlyBrackets
- The Prajna Paramer Sutra, the perfection of wisdom sutra
- Native American Literature
Thats all for now. Will add some more as I find them. But here is my all time fav:
NB : Me and my friend Mick just spent 2 hours on what is below. I would read the line, he would “guess” the author and the book. Fom memory. He had read most of the books. He would then give me anecdotes about the authors,, we discussed the books (I have read alot of them) and laughed and thought. It was great. I love you Mick.!
[scribd id=17056743 key=key-2b9zn7lc8hqkm7im0cvr mode=scroll]